Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Vacation!!!

Today marks the official first day that I did not have to wake up at 4:30 to go to work!  It is summer vacation.  I marked this momentous occasion by doing two things 1. I read a book FOR FUN!  That's right!  Not a journal article, not curricular material that needed to be evaluated, an honest to goodness pleasure read! 
 

My mom gave the book to me to read back in April.  I told her it was going to have to be when I was done with my grad class and the school year.  This was such a lovely story!!!  I tend to finish books quickly as I get sucked into the story and I just cannot wait to find out what happens to the characters that I love.  

2. I cleaned my kitchen top to bottom.  I wiped the cabinets down, dusted the light fixtures, wiped down the appliances and generally just gave everything a good scrub.  Look how shiny it all is!!!

 So far, I would say that this vacation has started off a success!!!  Looking forward to a mini trip this week with the peanut, starting some professional reading that was given to me and continuing my cleaning rampage on the house!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed. I have learned after forty plus years that a clean kitchen in the morning just kicks off the day in a special way. Not to say I always accomplish that. Looking forward to seeing you and the Peanut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo glad you liked the book. It is such a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete