Monday, June 24, 2013

It's The Little Things

Sometimes just the smallest moment renews my faith in humanity.  Everyday I watch the news and after a while it can get a bit depressing.  I am an urban teacher, I see things that quite frankly are not fair.  But yesterday I had one of those small moments that remind me that there is good in this world.  I was packing my car getting ready to leave my parents' house after a fantastic visit and we heard a motorcycle ride.  Mom explained to me that this was a ride that happens every year.  These riders were taking stuffed animals to the local hospital for the children who were patients.  She wasn't kidding!  There were HUGE stuffed animals on the back of these bikes riding through!!!  It gave me that lump you get in your throat before you cry!!!  What an amazing journey for those riders and their care packages!!!  Thank you!!!!  Sometimes even the smallest moments carry big messages!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it was the Shriners, but they often do rides like that!

    ReplyDelete