Saturday, March 22, 2014

Did you ever have that day/week/month/year?

Well it has been quite a while since I have last posted on here (I'm sure you can give me an exact count dad!), but things have been CRAZY!!!  I feel like I have so much to say but I am not sure people want to read on for hours about it.  So what I thought was I would give a quick list of major highlighted events that have prevented me from posting and then some funny stories to share.  Here goes.  Since my last posting:
- I finished my writing class and am now taking an assessment class.  This class is an elective for me and is kicking my tail!
- Right before Christmas our boiler gave up on us - awesome.  Good news that was before we had Polar Vortex 1, 2, 3 and 4!
- When we were to return from winter break we ended up with an extra week off because of the snow and cold.  In fact in January I only taught 9 days! - Seriously 9 days!!!
- Ugh! Assessment class
- After all of this time off my firsties had to take their midyear assessment to which I am proud to say we made an average gain of 128 points in math and 201 points in reading - even with all the breaks!!!!!
- We had a full week in February off!!  Wahoo!!!!!  Peanut and I visited Great Wolf Lodge with both grandmas!  Peanut loved her girl's weekend!!!
- My washing machine bit the dust.  I know right?!?!?!? We can't catch a break with this house lately.  But I guess it was time, the washed came with the house and I believe it was actually older than me!!!
- Still plugging through the assessment class - 4 more weeks!
- Suzie Q and I have planned and are currently implementing one of the BEST reading months our school has seen in a long time!  Once it is over I will share pictures and ideas!
- I went on a scrapbooking trip with the girls and worked on my OWN stuff!  I NEVER get to do that!!!!
-Oh and if I forgot to mention it, my class is almost over and I am literally counting down the days!!!!

I will leave you now with the following conversation between me and Peanut:
Setting - the car on the way home from school
Peanut: Mom, you still haven't put a note in my lunchbox.
Me: What do you mean a note?
Peanut: I told you, I wanted a note from you in my lunchbox.
Me: Why?
Peanut: Everyone else gets a note in their lunchbox from their mommy.
Me: Really?  Everyone?
Peanut: Well not S____ she gets hot lunch.
Me: Oh so she gets a free pass.  I will try to remember. (In my head I am thinking, you can't read yet so your teacher probably loves me because you are the one student that she doesn't have to read a note to. )
Peanut: I am going to warn you tomorrow.
Me: Warn or remind?
Peanut: Remind.
Apparently this has become a trend to send notes in the lunch.  I missed the memo on this. I have explored the option of printable ones I have found on Pinterest as well as premade sets that can be bought.  Don't laugh, I looked into it.  DH told me that is all fine and dandy until 3 of the kiddos show up with the same note on the same day!  LOL!!!  Ok.  Enough of my adventures.  I will try my best not to let too much time go by before writing again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment