Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fail?

So I find myself frequently questioning my ability to be a parent. I encourage Peanut to try new things and always do her best. We have recently embarked on the gymnastics journey. The place we go is awesome! The coaches are super great and the other kiddos are pretty ok (there is always one tattletale or temper tantrum - never peanut!) and well to be honest I could take or leave the parents. Here's the thing, first of all Peanut is TALL for her age. We know that we are not raising the next gold medalist and that is ok! This is just for fun! It has really helped Peanut with her coordination which if you know us you know that we are NOT graceful people.  But I digress. You are probably wondering why I question my abilities. Two words - other parents. A class of 4 1/2 - 6 year olds was just called to the floor and I heard a mom say "if you have any negative energy, any at all, you need to take that and you need to use it to kill it in class!" WHAT? Seriously? I mean really? Your child is at the oldest in 1st grade! Do you think you have the next Team USA member? So my conclusion to this is, I am an awesome parent. I actually smile a little when Peanut struggles with something. Now before you go all judgmental  on me let me explain. Every milestone and activity Peanut has done she has met early and excelled with. This is good. But there is nothing wrong with learning that things do not always come easy and you have to work for things. So was this a fail for me or the nutty negative energy bar sitting behind me?

No comments:

Post a Comment