Thursday, July 11, 2013

Proud Mama/Proud Teacher Moment

Today I had the pleasure of waiting 40 minutes while new tires were installed on the goat mobile (long story).  While we were waiting I had the second pleasure of entertaining the 4 year old peanut.  Thank goodness for books and my phone!!  After we had read all of the books we brought with us, it was time to let peanut play on my phone.  I have an app for sight word practice and well it's never too early right?
The way the app works is the word comes on the screen and is pronounced out loud, then I have peanut repeat the word and we spell it together (I can't help it, it's the teacher in me!) then move to the next word.  Peanut took this one step further and began using each word in a sentence!  Wait! What? I almost fell off my chair!  Now these sentences were not always grammatically correct and some got a little silly but WOW!!!!  I am a proud mama/proud teacher!!!  Who knows? Maybe we will be reading by the end of the year!?!?!?!?!?!
 

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell Gigi or she'll start a campaign to give her a Nobel Peace Prize

    ReplyDelete